Get In Care
Getting into care and on treatment will help you learn more about HIV and make decisions to take care of your health. HIV care and treatment not only help you live longer, but they can help you live well.
- HIV 101 - You can live well with HIV. Many resources and support programs are available to help you make decisions and take actions to live a longer and healthier life. Understanding certain terms—like HIV, AIDS, and antiretroviral therapy (ART)—will help you take the first steps in managing your HIV.
- Locate an HIV Provider Near You - Once you receive a diagnosis of HIV, the most important next step is to get into medical care.
- Take Care Of Yourself - Medical care and staying on treatment will help you manage your HIV effectively and make decisions that can keep you healthy for many years.
- Protect Others - If you are living with HIV, it’s important to make choices that keep you healthy and protect others.
- Sharing Your Status - Telling others that you have HIV can be difficult, but it is an important part of managing your infection.
- Page last reviewed: September 10, 2015
- Page last updated: September 28, 2015
- Content source: