2019 CDC Funding
24/7 central command to monitor health and respond to health crises.
Research that leads to the best data and solutions to fight disease and protect health.
Science-based, data-driven, lifesaving ways to defend against health threats.
CDC WORKS to Detect, Respond, and Eliminate Disease WHEREVER IT IS.
- Working with state, local, and territorial public health departments to investigate and protect against health threats
- Providing states with support and technical know-how to increase their impact
Lifesaving vaccines for outbreak response and prevention
Close to 70% of CDC’s domestic budget goes to state and local health departments.
Program level: $7.3 billion
- 35% Protecting Americans from Infectious Diseases
- 22% Preventing the Leading Causes of Disease, Disability and Death
- 12% Protecting Americans from Natural & Bioterrorism Threats
- 7% Keeping Americans Safe from Environmental and Work-related Hazards
- 7% Monitoring Health and Ensuring Laboratory Excellence
- 7% Ensuring Global Disease Protection
- 5% Cross Cutting Support and Block Grant