Background information about CDC’s Winnable Battles, including an overview PowerPoint presentation, Frequently Asked Questions, and media coverage.
- Winnable Battles News You Can Use
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF – 177KB]
- Winnable Battles Fact Sheet [PDF – 454KB]
- Winnable Battles Q&A with Dr. Frieden at NCSL Legislative Summit [VIDEO – 05:26 minutes]
- Dr. Frieden Discusses Winnable Battles
on Medscape One-on-One [VIDEO – 15:18 minutes]
- Winnable Battles Presentation – An Overview [PDF – 1.43 MB]
The presentation provides a general overview of each area and action items for what public health can do. Please use it to support your specific Winnable Battle area(s) at the national, state and community levels.
- CDC Winnable Battles 2010-2015, Progress Report 2014 [PDF – 1.3 MB]
- CDC Winnable Battles 2010-2015, Progress Report 2013 [PDF – 1M]
- Food Safety
- Healthcare-associated Infections (HAIs)
- HIV in the U.S.
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity
- Teen Pregnancy
- Tobacco Use
These narrated presentations provide an in-depth overview of each Winnable Battle topic. To learn more about each topic and hear about existing strategies for improving the health of your community, CDC suggests that you review these presentations in the order listed here.
- Introduction [VIDEO – 01:12 minutes]
- Tobacco Control [VIDEO – 09:21 minutes]
- Healthcare-associated Infections [VIDEO – 07:40 minutes]
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention [VIDEO – 06:36 minutes]
- Food Safety [VIDEO – 12:23 minutes]
- HIV Prevention [VIDEO – 12:30 minutes]
- Nutrition, Obesity & Physical Activity [VIDEO – 06:01 minutes]
- Motor Vehicle Injuries [VIDEO – 07:29 minutes, 83mb]
- Page last reviewed: April 26, 2017
- Page last updated: April 26, 2017
- Content source: