II. Vision, Mission, Role, and Core Functions
Oral Health Strategic Plan for 2011–2014
Vision: A nation where all people enjoy good oral health that contributes to leading healthy, satisfying lives.
Mission: To prevent and control oral diseases and conditions by building the knowledge, tools, and networks that promote healthy behaviors and effective public health practices and programs.
Role: To provide national leadership to prevent and control oral diseases and conditions, and promote oral health.
- Monitor/Surveillance: Monitor the burden of disease, risk factors, preventive services, and other associated factors.
- Research: Support public health research that directly applies to policies and programs.
- Communications: Communicate timely and relevant information to impact policy, practices, and programs.
- Preventive strategies: Support the implementation and maintenance of effective strategies and interventions to reduce the burden of oral diseases and conditions.
- State infrastructure: Build capacity and infrastructure for sustainable, effective, and efficient oral health programs.
- Evaluation: Evaluate programs to ensure successful implementation.
- Investigate and diagnose: Investigate health hazards and outbreaks in the community.
- Partnerships: Identify and facilitate partnerships to support CDC strategic priorities and community efforts.
- Policy development: Develop and advocate sound public health policies.
Top of Page
- Page last reviewed: July 10, 2013
- Page last updated: July 10, 2013
- Content source: