Mining Product: Infographic: Falls Can Kill!
Original creation date: November 2020
Authors: M Nasarwanji
This infographic provides five major tips and related advice for avoiding falls in mines. The data informing this infographic are based on a NIOSH analysis of fatal incidents investigated by MSHA between 2006 and 2015 involving slips and falls.
Further information can be found in Causes of Fall Fatalities at Surface Mines and Contributing Factors to Slip, Trip, and Fall Fatalities at Surface Coal and Metal/Nonmetal Mines.
For Spanish speakers, download the same infographic with text in Spanish.
- Analysis of Fall-Related Imminent Danger Orders in the Metal/Nonmetal Mining Sector
- Contributing Factors to Slip, Trip, and Fall Fatalities at Surface Coal and Metal/Nonmetal Mines
- Don't Slip Up!
- Falls Can Kill!
- Infographic: Fall Protection: As Easy as 1-2-3
- Infographic: Fall Protection: As Simple as A-B-C
- Slip Potential for Commonly Used Inclined Grated Metal Walkways
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazard Identification, Investigation, and Remediation at Surface Mining Facilities
- Steps to Ladder Safety
- Understanding Why Workers Fall