Cholesterol Patient Education Handouts
The fact sheets and handouts below can help you understand how high low-density lipoprotein cholesterol affects your health and risk for heart disease and stroke. These resources can also help you find ways to lower your cholesterol and make healthy lifestyle changes.
Know the Facts About High Cholesterol [PDF-281 KB]
This full-color, easy-to-read handout describes the risk factors, signs and symptoms, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of high blood cholesterol.
Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
High cholesterol raises the risk of PAD, which happens when plaque buildup narrows or blocks blood vessels, preventing blood from reaching the legs and feet.
ABCS of Heart Health [PDF-278 KB]
This easy-to-understand fact sheet about heart health (aspirin use when appropriate, blood pressure control, cholesterol management, and smoking cessation) is available in English and Spanish.
- Promotoras and other community health workers (CHWs) are encouraged to read the fotonovela with participants. A Promotora/CHW Guide accompanies the fotonovela and gives these members of the health care team a brief summary of objectives, tips, additional activities, reviews, and reminders.
- How to Control Your Fat and Cholesterol: A Fotonovela [PDF-3.7 MB]; Spanish Version: Aprenda a controlar sus niveles de colesterol: Una fotonovela [PDF-4 MB]
- How to Control Your Fat and Cholesterol: A Promotora Guide [PDF-783 KB]; Spanish Version: Cómo controlar la grasa y el colesterol: Guía de la promotora [PDF-831 KB]
- Page last reviewed: November 1, 2017
- Page last updated: November 1, 2017
- Content source: