April 1, 2016
Goals of the Summit
- Provide state and local senior officials with information and tools needed to improve Zika preparedness and response within their states and jurisdictions.
- Increase knowledge on the latest Zika science, including implications for pregnant women.
- Increase knowledge of best communications practices, including crisis and risk communication principles.
- Accelerate readiness for local Zika transmission through training and technical assistance to states to help establish and support surveillance and share best practices for vector control.
- Identify possible gaps in preparedness and response at the federal, state, and local levels, and help to begin to address possible gaps.
Vital Signs: Zika & Pregnancy
- Page last reviewed: April 15, 2016
- Page last updated: April 15, 2016
- Content source:
- Page maintained by:
- Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media