Tools and Data
The VERB Campaign was evaluated through a nationally representative survey of tweens and parents. The survey was conducted by telephone beginning in 2002 and then repeated on the same panel of tween/parent dyads annually through 2006 (Panel 1). A new panel was added in 2004 and interviews were concluded in 2006 (Panel 2). A third nationally representative sample was interviewed only in 2006 (Panel 3). Longitudinal data is available for Panels 1 and 2 and cross-sectional data is available for Panels 1, 2, and 3.
Below are the survey instruments, data files, codebooks for Panel 1 (2002-2004), and user's manual. The data files and the codebooks are given for both cross-sectional analysis (using cross-sectional weights) and for longitudinal analysis (using longitudinal weights). See the user's manual and FAQ's for more information.
Survey Instruments: Youth Media Campaign Longitudinal Survey
The data files are presented in both SAS and text versions. Text versions allow for conversion to SPSS or other statistical packages. A file containing the variable formats (labels) is included. The format files are named "sas7bcat."
- Longitudinal Data Panel 2 2004-2006
- Longitudinal Data Panel 1 2002-2006
- Longitudinal Data Panel 1 2002-2004
Cross-sectional Stacked Files
- Cross-sectional stacked files, Panel 1, 2, and 3 2006
- Cross-sectional stacked files, Panel 2 2004-2006
- Cross-sectional stacked files, Panel 1 2002-2006
- Cross-sectional stacked files, Panel 1 and 2 2004-2005
- Cross-sectional stacked files, Panel 1 2002-2004 and Panel 2 2004
- SAS data set [sas7bdat 29.1M]
- SAS variable formats [sas7bcat 237K]
- text version [txt 48M]
- text summary [txt 213K]
Youth Media Campaign Longitudinal Survey
Both codebooks for the longitudinal data file for Panel 1 2002-2004 and for the cross-sectional data files for Panel 1 2004 are available to download below.
- Codebook Panel 1 Longitudinal 2002-2004 [pdf 2.58M]
- Codebook Panel 1 Cross-sectional 2004 [pdf 1.48M]
The cross-sectional codebooks for Panel 1 2002-2006, Panels 1-2 2004-2005, Panels 1-2-3 2006, and Panel 2 2004-2006 and the Longitudinal codebooks for Panel 1 2002-2004, Panel 1 2002-2006, and Panel 2 2004-2006 are available on a CD Rom. To obtain copies, please contact us.
SAS Version 8 Catalog File (SAS7BCAT) format requires the use of statistical analysis software developed by SAS Institute, Inc.
SAS Version 8 Datasets File (SAS7BDAT) format requires the use of statistical analysis software developed by SAS Institute, Inc.
Documents on this page are available in Portable Document Format (PDF). Learn about viewing and printing PDFs with Acrobat Reader.
- Page last reviewed: August 1, 2007 Historical Document
- Page last updated: March 10, 2010
- Content source: National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Adolescent and School Health