Event Logistics Guide
After the event, send thank you letters to:
- venue manager
- medical staff
- schools who attended
- anyone else who contributed or donated materials or supplies
This shows your appreciation and may motivate repeat participation.
Provide evaluation forms (See Appendix) to schools, community centers, exhibitors, staff and volunteers, asking them to provide feedback about the VERB Activity Zone event and suggestions for future events.
Write a press release (See sample Press Release in Appendix) and include pictures to promote the success of the event. Send it to local and community newspapers.
Keep the Momentum
Continue the momentum of the VERB Activity Zone community event by promoting physical activity in everyday life.
- Incorporate it into weekly or monthly youth programs.
- Establish an after–school carpool program for children who attend the same activities so that parents can share the responsibility.
- Post the roster and contact information of participating organizations and programs on your website.
- Page last reviewed: August 1, 2007 Historical Document
- Page last updated: August 1, 2007
- Content source: National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Adolescent and School Health