VERB Anytime Doubletime Program
VERB ANYTIME DOUBLETIME
TAKE 2 VERBS MAKE 1 GAME AND GO!
How to create your VERBTeller:
- Fold the VERBTeller both ways along the perforation and remove these instructions.
- Turn the Teller over and fold color side down on both diagonals. Unfold.
- Fold all four corners to the center to make a smaller square.
- Flip over this square so the activities face up.
- Then fold its corners to the center to make an even smaller square.
- Fold paper in half. Unfold.
- Fold in half top to bottom so that VERB Anytime Doubletime logo shows. Keep it folded.
- Using both hands, stick your thumbs and index fingers into the pockets behind the VERB Anytime Doubletime logo.
How to use your VERBTeller:
- Ask a friend to name a favorite sport or activity.
- If they choose kickball, spell out k-i-c-k-b-a-l-l opening and closing the VERBTeller with each letter.
- Then have them pick a color or number from inside the VERBTeller.
- Spell out the color or count the number chosen while opening and closing the VERBTeller.
- Now have them choose another number or color.
- Lift that flap to reveal an activity.
- Combine it with the one your friend named in step 1.
- Go play the game you've created!
Now that you know how it's done, create a VERBTeller using your own activity ideas.
In support of VERB™ and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). VERB is a trademark of the DHHS, CDC.
©2004 CDC. All rights reserved. Kaleidoscope® 2004
Frisbee® is a registered trademark of Wham-O, Inc.
Hula Hoop® is a registered trademark of Wham-O, Inc.
- Page last reviewed: August 1, 2007 Historical Document
- Page last updated: August 1, 2007
- Content source: National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Adolescent and School Health