- November 27, 2013 – New York State Workers’ Compensation Law – On November 13, 2013, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo signed significant protections for World Trade Center workers into the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law. The New York state legislation extends and enhances the state’s workers’ compensation eligibility and benefits to World Trade Center workers.
- September 23, 2013 - WTC Health Program—Notice of Privacy Practices — This notice describes how medical information about WTC Health Program members may be used and disclosed and how WTC Health Program members can get access to this information. The effective date for this notice is Monday, September 30, 2013
- September 19, 2013 - World Trade Center Health Program; Addition of Prostate
Cancer to the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions — On May 2, 2013, the Administrator of the WTC Health Program received a petition requesting the addition of prostate cancer to the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions (List) covered in the WTC Health Program. In this final rule, the Administrator adds malignant neoplasm of the prostate (prostate cancer) to the List in the WTC Health Program regulations. This rule will go into effect on October 21, 2013.
- July 31, 2013 - Policy and Procedures for Recoupment & Coordination of Benefits: Workers’ Compensation Payment —
Defines the policies and procedures to be used by the WTC Health Program to identify and seek recoupment of funds from workers’ compensation when available. It imposes duties on Responders, Centers for Clinic Excellence, Workers’ Compensation Insurers and other employers providing illness and injury benefits to Responders. The effective date for this policy is September 1, 2013.
- July 3, 2013 - Federal Register Notice: World Trade Center Health Program Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee: Nominations of Candidates — Nominations must be submitted (postmarked or electronically received) by August 9, 2013. Note: This notice supersedes the following documents published in the Federal Register: June 11, 2013 Volume 78, Number 112, Pages 35036–35037; June 21, 2013 Volume 78, Number 120, Page 37542; and June 28, 2013 Volume 78, Number 125, Page 38983. Nominations must be submitted (postmarked or electronically received) by August 9, 2013.
- July 2, 2013 - Federal Register Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Addition of Prostate Cancer to the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions — Comments on the proposed rule must be received by August 1, 2013.
- July 2, 2013 - Statement from the WTC Health Program Administrator regarding the proposal posted in the Federal Register Notice to add Prostate Cancer to the List of WTC-Related Conditions.
- July 1, 2013 - Statement from the Administrator — July 1, 2013, marks the second anniversary of the WTC Health Program. The changes of the past year are highlighted.
- May 1, 2013 - Pentagon and Shanksville, PA Crash Site Responders — Applications Now Being Accepted: Applications are now being accepted for program benefits for responders to the Pentagon and Shanksville, PA crash sites…How to Apply.
- May 1, 2013 - Policies and Procedures: Minimum Latency & Types or Categories of Cancer — Revision to the October 17, 2012 document.