WISEWOMAN Health Tips - Physical Activity
Simple Tips for Better Physical Activity
- Mow the lawn with a push mower.
- Dance to music.
- Join an exercise group.
- Carry your groceries instead of pushing a cart.
- Take a walk or do desk exercises.
- Work around the house.
- Take the long way to the water cooler.
- Do sit-ups in front of the television.
- Walk briskly through the mall.
- Walk your dog.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
Physical Activity Resources
- CDC's Physical Activity Web Site
- CDC's Physical Activity for Everyone: How much physical activity do adults need?
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- Women's Health.gov: Staying Active and Eating Healthy
- The President's Challenge: The Nation's Physical Activity and Fitness Program
- HRSA: Physical Activity and Healthy Eating Guide and Wallet Card for Young Women
- AHA's Physical Activity Web Site
- Page last reviewed: December 12, 2013
- Page last updated: December 12, 2013
- Content source: