WISEWOMAN Health Tips - Nutrition
Healthy Eating Made Simple
- Drink more water.
- Eat a healthy breakfast everyday (i.e. fruits, oatmeal, whole grain cereal).
- Do not skip meals.
- Limit sugary, salty, and processed foods.
- Avoid food portions larger than your fist.
- Increase the fiber in your diet.
- Flavor foods with herbs, spices, and other low-fat seasonings instead of salt.
- Skip buffets.
- Instead of eating out, bring a healthy, low calorie lunch to work.
- Remove skin from chicken before cooking to lower fat content.
- Snack on fruits and vegetables.
- Include fruits and vegetables in every meal.
- Store tempting foods (i.e. cookies, chips, ice cream) out of immediate eyesight.
- Try to find healthy versions of your favorite foods.
- Eating for a Healthy Heart
- Healthier Eating with DASH
- Aim for a Healthy Weight
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- USDA Food Pyramid
- Fruits and Veggies Matter
- Recipes for Low-fat and Low-cholesterol Meals
- NHLBI: Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes [PDF–1.9M]
- Interactive Menu Planner
- Page last reviewed: December 12, 2013
- Page last updated: December 12, 2013
- Content source: