Supplemental grants for additional preventive health services
(a) Demonstration projects. In the case of States receiving grants under section 1501 [42 U.S.C. § 300k], the Secretary, acting through the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, may make grants to not more than 3 such States to carry out demonstration projects for the purpose of–
(1) providing preventive health services in addition to the services authorized in such section, including screenings regarding blood pressure and cholesterol, and including health education;
(2) providing appropriate referrals for medical treatment of women receiving services pursuant to paragraph (1) and ensuring, to the extent practicable, the provision of appropriate follow–up services; and
(3) evaluating activities conducted under paragraphs (1) and (2) through appropriate surveillance or program–monitoring activities.
(b) Status as participant in program regarding breast and cervical cancer. The Secretary may not make a grant under subsection (a) unless the State involved agrees that services under the grant will be provided only through entities that are screening women for breast or cervical cancer pursuant to a grant under section 1501 [42 U.S.C. § 300k].
(c) Applicability of provisions of general program. This title [42 U.S.C. §§ 300k et seq.] applies to a grant under subsection (a) to the same extent and in the same manner as such title applies to a grant under section 1501[42 U.S.C. § 300k].
(1) In general. Subject to paragraph (2), for the purpose of carrying out this section, there are authorized to be appropriated $3,000,000 for fiscal year 1994, and such sums as may be necessary for each of the fiscal years 1995 through 2003 (Women's Health Research and Prevention Amendments of 1998, Public Law 105–340).
(2) Limitation regarding funding with respect to breast and cervical cancer. The authorization of appropriations established in paragraph (1) is not effective for a fiscal year unless the amount appropriated under section 1510(a) [42 U.S.C. § 300n–5(a)] for the fiscal year is equal to or greater than $100,000,000.