At any given time, about 1 in every 20 patients has an infection related to their hospital care. Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) not only affect patient lives, but also add to our growing healthcare costs.
CDC has identified eliminating HAIs as a Winnable Battle. With additional effort and support for evidence-based, cost-effective strategies that we can implement now, we can have a significant impact on our nation’s health.
The HAI Winnable Battle materials below provide a snapshot of the context and background for this priority area, as well as descriptions of some of the systems, policy, and programmatic interventions pursued by CDC and our public health partners at the federal, state and local levels.
Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) Overview Materials:
- Introduction letter from CDC Director Dr. Thomas R. Frieden [PDF - 62KB]
- PowerPoint slides, which can be tailored for your use by adding specific data, case studies, and other useful information [PPT - 11.69MB]
- Healthcare-associated Infections [VIDEO - 07:40 minutes]
- Vital Signs: Making Healthcare Safer
- Snapshot of Major Media Coverage [PDF - 189KB]
- Key Scientific Articles [PDF - 1.06MB]
- HAI Winnable Battle Goals
For more information about the HAI Winnable Battle, please visit www.cdc.gov/hai/.
If you have questions about the materials provided here, please contact email@example.com.
- Page last reviewed: August 7, 2012
- Page last updated: August 7, 2012
- Content source: