Background information about CDC's Winnable Battles, including an overview PowerPoint presentation, Frequently Asked Questions, and media coverage.
- Winnable Battles News You Can Use [PDF - 394KB]
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF - 228KB]
- Winnable Battles Fact Sheet [PDF - 454KB]
- Dr. Frieden Discusses Winnable Battles
on Medscape One-on-One [VIDEO - 15:18 minutes]
- Winnable Battles Presentation– An Overview [PPT - 9.44MB]
The presentation provides a general overview of each area and action items for what public health can do. Please use it to support your specific Winnable Battle area(s) at the national, state and community levels.
- Winnable Battles 2015 Targets [PDF - 2.46MB]
- Select Online Resources Related to All Winnable Battles [PDF - 245KB]
- Hand Hygiene Saves Lives (HAIs) [VIDEO - 05:10 minutes]
- A Need to Know (HIV) [VIDEO - 03:26 minutes]
- Finding a Balance (Nutrition/Physical Activity) [VIDEO -04:07 minutes]
- The Obesity Epidemic [VIDEO - 07:13 minutes]
- Salt Matters [VIDEO - 04:27 minutes]
- Parents Are the Key to Safe Teen Drivers [VIDEO - 04:42 minutes]
- A Message to Health Care Professionals: Teen Pregnancy [VIDEO -02:34 minutes]
- Food Safety
- Healthcare-associated Infections (HAIs)
- HIV in the U.S.
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity
- Teen Pregnancy
- Tobacco Use
These narrated presentations provide an in-depth overview of each Winnable Battle topic. To learn more about each topic and hear about existing strategies for improving the health of your community, CDC suggests that you review these presentations in the order listed here.
- Introduction [VIDEO - 01:12 minutes]
- Tobacco Control [VIDEO - 09:21 minutes]
- Healthcare-associated Infections [VIDEO - 07:40 minutes]
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention [VIDEO - 06:36 minutes]
- Food Safety [VIDEO - 12:23 minutes]
- HIV Prevention [VIDEO - 12:30 minutes]
- Nutrition, Obesity & Physical Activity [VIDEO - 06:01 minutes]
- Motor Vehicle Injuries [VIDEO - 07:29 minutes, 83mb]
Copy the code below to add this Winnable Battles button to your webpage. You also may download additional social media tools related to Winnable Battles topics.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348