Prevent Lyme disease!
- Use a repellent with 20% DEET
- Also, clothing treated with permethrin kills ticks!
Check for ticks daily
- Check for ticks on you and your children. Ticks like to hide in folds of skin and in the hair.
- Check pets too!
Shower soon after being outdoors
- Shower after being outdoors to remove ticks
- Tumble clothes in a hot dryer to kill hidden ticks.
Call your doctor if you get a fever or rash
- A Lyme disease rash may appear within 3-30 days, followed by fever, muscle and joint pain, or fatigue.
For more information: