References and Publications
Adolescents' Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- Gargano LM, et al. Multicomponent interventions to enhance influenza vaccine delivery to adolescents. Pediatrics. 2011 Nov;128(5):e1092-9.
- Stokley S, Cohn A, Dorell C, Hariri S, Yankey D, Messonnier N, Wortley PM. Adolescent Vaccination-Coverage Levels in the United States: 2006-2009[11 pages]. Pediatrics. 2011 Nov 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lindley MC, Smith PJ, Rodewald LE. Vaccination Coverage Among U.S. Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years Eligible for the Vaccines for Children Program, 2009. Public Health Rep. 2011;126 Suppl 2:124-34.
- Stokley S, Vogt T, Shefer A. Increasing Adolescent Vaccination Coverage: The Challenges That Remain. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165(6): 568-70.
- For Everyone: Easy-to-read Schedules
- Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (Pink Book) 2011.
- Clark SJ, Butchart A, Kennedy A, Dombkowski KJ. Parents' experiences with and preferences for immunization reminder/recall technologies. Pediatrics. 2011 Nov;128(5):e1100-5.
- Szilagyi PG, Humiston SG, Gallivan S, Albertin C, Sandler M, Blumkin, A. Effectiveness of a Citywide Patient Immunization Navigator Program on Improving Adolescent Immunizations and Preventive Care Visit Rates. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165(6):547-553.
- AAP Childhood Immunization Support Program. Immunization Reminder/Recall Systems [2 pages].
- Guide to Community Preventive Services. Universally recommended vaccines: client reminder and recall systems. Last updated: March 18, 2010. Accessed September 8, 2010.
- Kharbanda EO, Stockwell MS, Fox HW, Rickert VI. Text4Health: a qualitative evaluation of parental readiness for text message immunization reminders. Am J Public Health. 2009;99:2176-8.
- Updated Recommendations for Use of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccine from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2010. MMWR. 2011;60(01):13-15.
- Talbot EA, Brown KH, Kirkland KB, Baughman AL, Halperin SA, Broder KR. The safety of immunizing with tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) less than 2 years following previous tetanus vaccination: Experience during a mass vaccination campaign of healthcare personnel during a respiratory illness outbreak. Vaccine. 2010;28:8001-7.
- Wei S, Tatti K, Cushing K, Rosen J, Brown K, Cassiday P, et al. Effectiveness of adolescent and adult tetanus, reduced-dose diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) against pertussis. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;51:315-21.
- Pickering LK, Baker CJ, Freed GL, et al. Immunization programs for infants, children, adolescents, and adults: clinical practice guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;49(6):817-40.
- AAP Policy Statement. Prevention of pertussis among adolescents: recommendations for use of Tdap. Pediatrics. 2006;117(3):965-978.
- Davis MM, Broder KR, Cowan AE, et al. Physician attitudes and preferences about Combined Tdap vaccines for adolescents. Am J Prev Med 2006;31(2):176-180.
- Halperin SA, Sweet L, Baxendale D, et al. How soon after a prior tetanus-diphtheria vaccination can one give adult formulation tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccine? Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2006;25(3):195-200.
- Preventing Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis Among Adolescents: Use of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccines - Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)[50 pages]. MMWR. 2006;55(R3).
- Pichichero ME, Rennels MB, Edwards KM, et al. Combined tetanus, diphtheria, and 5-component pertussis vaccine for use in adolescents and adults. JAMA. 2005;293(24):3003-11. Erratum in: JAMA. 2005;294(24):3092.
- Brennan M, Strebel P, George H, Yih W, Tachdjian R, Lett S, et al. Evidence for transmission of pertussis in schools, Massachusetts, 1996: epidemiologic data supported by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis studies. J Infect Dis. 1999;181:210-5.
For a complete list, consult the meningococcal web site references and publications.
- U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999–2011 Incidence and Mortality Web-based Report. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; 2014.
- Stockley S, Jeyarajah J, Yankey D, Cano M, Gee J, Roark J, et al. Human papillomavirus vaccination coverage among adolescents, 2007-2013, and postlicensure vaccine safety monitoring, 2006-2014 — United States. MMWR. 63(29);620-4.
- Stokley S, Curtis R, Jeyarajah J. Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescent Girls, 2007-2012, and Postlicensure Vaccine Safety Monitoring, 2006-2013 - United States. MMWR. 62(29);591-595.
- Markowitz, LE, et al. Reduction in human papillomavirus (HPV) prevalence among young women following HPV vaccine introduction in the United States, National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys, 2003-2010[9 pages]. J Infect Dis. First published online June 19, 2013. doi:10.1093/infdis/jit192
- Flagg EW, Schwartz R, Weinstock H. Prevalence of anogenital warts among participants in private health plans in the United States, 2003-2010: Potential impact of human papillomavirus vaccination[8 pages]. Am J Public Health. Epub June 2013.
- Bauer HM, Wright G, Chow J. Evidence of human papillomavirus vaccine effectiveness in reducing genital warts: an analysis of california public family planning administrative claims data, 2007-2010. Am J Public Health. 2012; 102:833-835.
- Bednarczyk RA, Davis R, Ault K, Orenstein W, Omer SB. Sexual activity–related outcomes after human papillomavirus vaccination of 11- to 12-year-olds. Pediatrics. 2012-1516; Published online October 15, 2012.
- Cummings T, Zimet GD, Brown D, et al. Reduction of HPV infections through vaccination among at-risk urban adolescents. Vaccine. 2012; 30:5496-5499.
- Dorell CG, Stokley S, Yankey D, Markowitz LE. Compliance with recommended dosing intervals for HPV vaccination among females, 13-17 years, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2008-2009. Vaccine. 2012; 30(3):503–505.
- Forster AS, Marlowa LAV, Stephensonb J, Wardlea J, Wallera J. Human papillomavirus vaccination and sexual behaviour: Cross-sectional and longitudinal surveys conducted in England. Vaccine. 2012;30:4939-4944.
- Gillison, ML, et al. Prevalence of oral HPV infection in the United States, 2009-2010. JAMA. 2012; Published online January 26, 2012. doi:10.1001/jama.2012.101
- Kahn, et al. Vaccine-type human papillomavirus and evidence of herd protection after vaccine introduction. Pediatrics. 2012; 130:249-56.
- Klein NP, Hansen J, Chao C, Velicer C, et al. Safety of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine administered routinely to females. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. Oct 2012. [Epub ahead of print]
- Liddon NC, Leichliter JS, Markowitz LE. Human papillomavirus vaccine and sexual behavior among adolescent and young women. Am J Prev Med. 2012;42(1):44–52.
- Powell SE, Hariri S, Steinau M, et al. Impact of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination on HPV 16/18-related prevalence in precancerous cervical lesions. Vaccine. 2012; 31:109-113.
- Human papillomavirus-associated cancers – United States, 2004-2008. MMWR. 2012;61(15):258-61.
- Recommendations on the use of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine in Males – Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2011. MMWR. 2011;60(50):1705-8.
- Chesson HW, Ekwueme DU, Saraiya M, Dunne EF, Markowitz LE. The cost-effectiveness of male HPV vaccination in the United States. Vaccine. 2011.
- FDA licensure of bivalent human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV2, Cervarix) for use in females and updated HPV vaccination recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. MMWR. 2010;59(20):626-629.
- Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines - Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2010 [1.16 MB, 68 pages]. MMWR. 2010;59(RR-8).
- Glezen WP, Gaglani MJ, Kozinetz CA, Piedra PA. Direct and indirect effectiveness of influenza vaccination delivered to children at school preceding an epidemic caused by 3 new influenza virus variants. J Infect Dis. 2010;202(11):1626-33.
- Muhammad RD, Haber P, Broder KR, et al. Adverse events following trivalent inactivated influenza vaccination in children: analysis of the vaccine adverse event reporting system. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2010.
- Poland GA. The 2009-2010 Influenza pandemic: effects on pandemic and seasonal vaccine uptake and lessons learned for seasonal vaccination campaigns. Vaccine 2010.
- Uscher-Pines L, Maurer J, Kellerman A, Harris KM. Healthy young and middle age adults: what will it take to vaccinate them for influenza? Vaccine. 2010.
More can be found at references and resources on CDC's flu web site
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.