References and Publications
Adolescents' Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- Elam-Evans LD, Yankey D, Jeyarajah J, Singleton JA, Curtis RC, MacNeil J, et al. National, regional, state, and selected local area vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years — United States, 2013. MMWR. 2014 Jul 25; 63(29):625-33.
- Stokley S, Cohn A, Dorell C, Hariri S, Yankey D, Messonnier N, et al. Adolescent vaccination-coverage levels in the United States: 2006-2009. Pediatrics. 2011 Dec; 128(6):1078-86.
- Lindley MC, Smith PJ, Rodewald LE. Vaccination coverage among U.S. adolescents aged 13-17 years eligible for the Vaccines for Children program, 2009. Public Health Rep. 2011 Jul-Aug; 126 Suppl 2:124-34.
- Stokley S, Vogt T, Shefer A. Increasing adolescent vaccination coverage: the challenges that remain. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011 Jun; 165(6):568-70.
- For Everyone: Easy-to-read Schedules
- Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (Pink Book) 2011.
- AAP Immunization Resources. Immunization Reminder & Recall Systems [3 pages]. 2015 May.
- Szilagyi PG, Albertin C, Humiston SG, Rand CM, Schaffer S, Brill H, et al. A randomized trial of the effect of centralized reminder/recall on immunizations and preventive care visits for adolescents. Acad Pediatr. 2013 May-Jun; 13(3):204-13.
- Stockwell MS, Kharbanda EO, Martinez RA, Lara M, Vawdrey D, Natarajan K, et al. Text4Health: impact of text message reminder-recalls for pediatric and adolescent immunizations. Am J Public Health. 2012 Feb; 102(2):e15-21.
- Clark SJ, Butchart A, Kennedy A, Dombkowski KJ. Parents' experiences with and preferences for immunization reminder/recall technologies. Pediatrics. 2011 Nov; 128(5):e1100-5.
- Szilagyi PG, Humiston SG, Gallivan S, Albertin C, Sandler M, Blumkin A. Effectiveness of a citywide patient immunization navigator program on improving adolescent immunizations and preventive care visit rates. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011 Jun; 165(6):547-53.
- Guide to Community Preventive Services. Increasing appropriate vaccination: client reminder and recall systems. Last update: February 2008. Last access: August 2014
- Matthias J, Dusek C, Pritchard SP, Rutledge L, Kinchen P, Lander M. Notes from the field: outbreak of pertussis in a school and religious community averse to health care and vaccinations — Columbia County, Florida, 2013. MMWR. 2014 Aug 1; 63(30):655.
- Barlow RS, Reynolds LE, Cieslak PR, Sullivan AD. Vaccinated children and adolescents with pertussis infections experience reduced illness severity and duration, Oregon, 2010-2012. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Jun; 58(11):1523-9.
- CDC. Pertussis epidemic—Washington, 2012. MMWR. 2012 Jul 20; 61(28):517-22.
- Skoff TH, Cohn AC, Clark TA, Messonnier NE, Martin SW. Early Impact of the US Tdap vaccination program on pertussis trends. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2012 Apr; 166(4):344-9.
- More can be found at publications on CDC's pertussis web site.
For a complete list, consult the meningococcal web site references and publications.
- Markowitz L, Dunne EF, Saraiya M, Curtis RC, Gee J, Bocchini JA, et al. Human Papilomavirus vaccination: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR. 2014 Aug 29; 63(rr05):1-30.
- Stokley S, Jeyarajah J, Yankey D, Cano M, Gee J, Roark J, et al. Human papillomavirus vaccination coverage among adolescents, 2007-2013, and postlicensure vaccine safety monitoring, 2006-2014 — United States. MMWR. 2014 Jul 25; 63(29):620-4.
- Grimaldi-Bensouda L, Guillemot D, Godeau B, Benichou J, Lebrun-Frenay C, Papeix C, et al. Autoimmune disorders and quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccination of young female subjects. J Intern Med. 2014 Apr; 275(4):398-408.
- Macartney KK, Chiu C, Georgousakis M, Brotherton JM. Safety of human papillomavirus vaccines: a review. Drug Saf. 2013 Jun; 36(6):393-412.
- Klein NP, Hansen J, Chao C, Velicer C, Emery M, Slezak J, et al. Safety of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine administered routinely to females. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2012 Dec; 166(12):1140-8.
- Gee J, Naleway A, Shui I, Baggs J, Yin R, Li R, et al. Monitoring the safety of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine: findings from the Vaccine Safety Datalink. Vaccine. 2011 Oct 26; 29(46):8279-84.
- Markowitz LE, Hariri S, Unger ER, Saraiya M, Datta SD, Dunne EF. Post-licensure monitoring of HPV vaccine in the United States. Vaccine. 2010 Jul 5; 28(30):4731-7.
- Slade BA, Leidel L, Vellozzi C, Woo EJ, Hua W, Sutherland A, et al. Postlicensure safety surveillance for quadrivalent human papillomavirus recombinant vaccine. JAMA. 2009 Aug 19; 302(7):750-7.
- Ferris D, Samakoses R, Block SL, Lazcano-Ponce E, Restrepo JA, Reisinger KS, et al. Long-term Study of a Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccine [11 pages]. Pediatrics. 2014 Aug 18. [Epub ahead of print].
- Hariri S, Markowitz LE, Dunne EF, Unger ER. Population impact of HPV vaccines: summary of early evidence. J Adolesc Health. 2013 Dec; 53(6):679-82.
- Markowitz LE, Hariri S, Lin C, Dunne EF, Steinau M, McQuillan G, et al. Reduction in human papillomavirus (HPV) prevalence among young women following HPV vaccine introduction in the United States, National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys, 2003-2010. J Infect Dis. 2013 Aug 1; 208(3):385-93.
- Jemal A, Simard EP, Dorell C, Noone AM, Markowitz LE, Kohler B, et al. Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, 1975-2009, featuring the burden and trends in human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated cancers and HPV vaccination coverage levels. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013 Feb 6; 105(3):175-201.
- Powell SE, Hariri S, Steinau M, Bauer HM, Bennett NM, Bloch KC, et al. Impact of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination on HPV 16/18-related prevalence in precancerous cervical lesions. Vaccine. 2012 Dec 17; 31(1):109-13.
- Kahn JA, Brown DR, Ding L, Widdice LE, Shew ML, Glynn S, et al. Vaccine-type human papillomavirus and evidence of herd protection after vaccine introduction. Pediatrics. 2012 Aug; 130(2):e249-56.
- Bednarczyk RA, Davis R, Ault K, Orenstein W, Omer SB. Sexual activity-related outcomes after human papillomavirus vaccination of 11- to 12-year-olds. Pediatrics. 2012 Nov; 130(5):798-805.
- Forster AS, Marlow LA, Stephenson J, Wardle J, Waller J. Human papillomavirus vaccination and sexual behaviour: cross-sectional and longitudinal surveys conducted in England. Vaccine. 2012 Jul 13; 30(33):4939-44.
- Liddon NC, Leichliter JS, Markowitz LE. Human papillomavirus vaccine and sexual behavior among adolescent and young women. Am J Prev Med. 2012 Jan; 42(1):44-52.
- Allison MA, Dunne EF, Markowitz LE, O'Leary ST, Crane LA, Hurley LP, et al. HPV vaccination of boys in primary care practices. Acad Pediatr. 2013 Sep-Oct; 13(5):466-74.
- Chesson HW, Ekwueme DU, Saraiya M, Dunne EF, Markowitz LE. The cost-effectiveness of male HPV vaccination in the United States. Vaccine. 2011 Oct 26; 29(46):8443-50.
- Perkins RB, Clark JA, Apte G, Vercruysse JL, Sumner JJ, Wall-Haas CL, et al. Missed Opportunities for HPV Vaccination in Adolescent Girls: A Qualitative Study [11 pages]. Pediatrics. 2014 Aug 18. [Epub ahead of print].
- Noronha AS, Markowitz LE, Dunne EF. Systematic review of human papillomavirus vaccine coadministration. Vaccine. 2014 May 13; 32(23):2670-4.
- Dorell CG, Stokley S, Yankey D, Markowitz LE. Compliance with recommended dosing intervals for HPV vaccination among females, 13-17 years, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2008-2009. Vaccine. 2012 Jan 11; 30(3):503-5.
- Dorell CG, Yankey D, Santibanez TA, Markowitz LE. Human papillomavirus vaccination series initiation and completion, 2008-2009. Pediatrics. 2011 Nov; 128(5):830-9.
- Widdice LE, Bernstein DI, Leonard AC, Marsolo KA, Kahn JA. Adherence to the HPV vaccine dosing intervals and factors associated with completion of 3 doses. Pediatrics. 2011 Jan; 127(1):77-84.
- Kilgore C. How to Meet the HPV Counseling And Vaccination Challenge. Pediatric News. 2011 Jan 1.
- Oster NV, McPhillips-Tangum CA, Averhoff F, Howell K. Barriers to adolescent immunization: a survey of family physicians and pediatricians. J Am Board Fam Pract. 2005 Jan-Feb; 18(1):13-9.
- Grohskopf LA, Olsen SJ, Sokolow LZ, Bresee JS, Cox NJ, Broder KR, et al. Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) — United States, 2014-15 Influenza Season. MMWR. 63(32);691-7.
- Glezen WP, Gaglani MJ, Kozinetz CA, Piedra PA. Direct and indirect effectiveness of influenza vaccination delivered to children at school preceding an epidemic caused by 3 new influenza virus variants. J Infect Dis. 2010;202(11):1626-33.
- Muhammad RD, Haber P, Broder KR, et al. Adverse events following trivalent inactivated influenza vaccination in children: analysis of the vaccine adverse event reporting system. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2010.
- Poland GA. The 2009-2010 Influenza pandemic: effects on pandemic and seasonal vaccine uptake and lessons learned for seasonal vaccination campaigns. Vaccine 2010.
- Uscher-Pines L, Maurer J, Kellerman A, Harris KM. Healthy young and middle age adults: what will it take to vaccinate them for influenza? Vaccine. 2010.
More can be found at references and resources on CDC's flu web site
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.