Vaccines & Preventable Diseases:
On this page:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Lung Association
- Canadian Coalition for Immunization Awareness Program
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC's National Center for Infectious Diseases
- (DoD) for Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program (AVIP)
- Immunization Action Coalition
- Medline Plus
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Disease (NIDDK)
- National Library of Medicine - Medline Plus
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Public Health Image Library (PHIL)
For your convenience, listed below are sites where photos and images of vaccine preventable diseases can be found. Also included are links to each sites' rules and regulations on the use of their images.
Photos at AAP: http://www.aap.org/new/idphotos.htm
Rules and regulations on use of AAP photos:
Photos at ALA: http://www.lungusa.org/your-lungs/
Rules and regulations on use of ALA photos:
Photos at CCIAP: http://www.immunize.cpha.ca/
Rules and regulations on use of CCIAP photos:
Photos at CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/photo-all-vpd.htm
Rules and regulations on use of CDC photos:
Photos at NCID: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/
Rules and regulations on use of NCID photos:
Photos at DoD/AVIP: http://www.anthrax.osd.mil
Rules and regulations on use of DoD photos:
Photos at Medscape: http://emedicine.medscape.com/
Rules and regulations on use of Medscape photos:
All materials..., including but not limited to the text, images, audio or video contained herein, are the property of eMedicine.com and may not be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without eMedicine.com's express written permission...
Photos at IAC: http://www.immunize.org/
Rules and regulations on use of IAC photos:
Photos at NIDDK: http://www.niddk.nih.gov/index.htm
Rules and regulations on use of NIDDK photos:
Photos at Medline Plus: http://medlineplus.gov/
Rules and regulations on use of NLM photos:
Photos at NNii: http://www.immunizationinfo.org/
Rules and regulations on use of NNii photos:
All materials on the NNii web site are copyright protected. You will need to get permission before using them. Consult the disclaimer page on the National Network for Immunization Information web site for details.
Photos at Pkids: http://www.pkids.org/
Rules and regulations on use of Pkids photos:
The material on this website is subject to the copyright laws. Any reproduction or use of this material for other than personal use is prohibited without the express written permission of Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases. Educational institutions may contact Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases, PO Box 5666, Vancouver, WA 98668, for permission to reproduce this material.
- If you wish to search for images in the Public Health Image Library's (PHIL) database follow the instructions below.
- Click on this link (http://phil.cdc.gov/phil/quicksearch.asp) to go to the search page on the PHIL web site.
- Type in the disease name.
- Press the "Enter" key, or Click the Search button.
- How can I obtain images at the PHIL web site for my own use?
For public domain images (see below) you can simply "right click" on the image and save it to your hard drive or other storage medium.
- What regulations govern the use of the images in PHIL?
- Most of the images in the collection are in the public domain and are thus free of any copyright restrictions. If you look directly beneath the image you will see a fair use statement that tells if the image is public domain or copyright protected.
- For public domain images, permission is not required but PHIL does ask that you credit the original institution and contributor (when known) whenever the image is used in any publicly distributed media. The name and contact information of the content provider can be found in the image information table directly below each image.
- If the image is copyright protected, then you will have to contact the content provider to get usage permission. PHIL does not have the authority to grant usage for any copyrighted images in the library. If you have difficulty contacting a content provider, PHIL may be able to help, but PHIL cannot act on their behalf.
Copyrighted images: Images on this website which are copyrighted were used with permission of the copyright holder and are not in the public domain. CDC has licensed these images for use in the materials provided on this website, and the materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of copyrighted images requires permission from the copyright holder.
This symbol means you are leaving the CDC.gov Web site. For more information, please see CDC's Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Content last reviewed on May 19, 2011
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases