Vaccines & Preventable Diseases:
FAQs about Vaccines & Diseases They Prevent
- Are there any vaccine side-effects?
- Why is vaccinating so important?
- What are the ingredients / additives of vaccines?
- What vaccines do adults need?
- What vaccines do children need?
- What vaccines are used in the United States?
- What diseases do vaccines prevent?
- What are some of the common misconceptions about vaccinating?
- What would happen if we stopped immunizations?
- Who is eligible for free vaccines?
(Vaccines for Children program)
- Who do I contact if my question isn't answered here?
(National Immunization Hotline)
- Where can I find Vaccine Safety information for parents?
This symbol means you are leaving the CDC.gov Web site. For more information, please see CDC's Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Content last reviewed on May 10, 2009
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases