Basics and Common Questions:
Common Immunization Questions
- How vaccines work [116KB - 1 page] (compliant)
Excerpt from Parent's Guide to Immunizations
- What are the differences among active, passive, and herd immunity?
- What are the risks of not vaccinating?
- What are some of the common misconceptions about vaccinating?
- What do you need to know about immunizations?
- What are the common questions parents ask about infant immunizations?
- Which vaccines do preteens/teens need?
- What would happen if we stopped immunizations?
- Who is eligible for free vaccines?
Vaccines for Children program
- Whom do I contact if my question isn't answered here?
- Should I believe info I read on the web?
Evaluating Information on the Web
- Why immunize?
- What about the safety of vaccines?
- What ingredients and additives are found in vaccines?
- What are the possible side-effects from vaccines?
- How do vaccines prevent disease?
Previously titled "How Do Vaccines Work?
This symbol means you are leaving the CDC.gov Web site. For more information, please see CDC's Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Content last reviewed on August 10, 2009
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases