Common Immunization Questions
- How vaccines work [1 page]
Excerpt from Parent's Guide to Immunizations
- What are the differences among active, passive, and herd immunity?
- What are the risks of not vaccinating?
- What do you need to know about immunizations?
- What are the common questions parents ask about infant immunizations?
- Which vaccines do preteens/teens need?
- What would happen if we stopped immunizations?
- Who is eligible for free vaccines?
Vaccines for Children program
- Whom do I contact if my question isn't answered here?
- Should I believe info I read on the web?
Evaluating Information on the Web
- Why immunize?
- What about the safety of vaccines?
- What ingredients and additives are found in vaccines?
- What are the possible side-effects from vaccines?
- How do vaccines prevent disease?
Previously titled "How Do Vaccines Work?
- What about religion and vaccines?
Grabenstein JD. What the world's religions teach, applied to vaccines and immune globins. Vaccine. 2013. 31(16):2011-23. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2013.02.026
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.