Statistics and Surveillance:
NIS-Teen Vaccination Coverage Articles/Reports
The National Immunization Survey -Teenagers
These articles appear in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) and other publications.
- National and State Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years, United States, 2011.
Source: MMWR 2012.
- Middle School Vaccination Requirements and Adolescent Vaccination Coverage. 2012. Pediatrics.
Source: Bugenske E, Stokley S, Kennedy A, Dorell C. Volume 129, Issue 6, p. 1056-1063.
- A Comparison of Parent and Provider Reported Influenza Vaccination Status of Adolescents. 2012 Vaccine.
Source: Lu PJ, Dorell, C, Yankey D, Santibanez T, Singleton J. Volume 30, Issue 22, p. 3278-3285.
- Hepatitis A Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents in the United States. 2012. Pediatrics.
Source: Dorell C, Yankey D, Byrd K, Murphy T. Volume 129, Issue 2, p. 213-221.
- Compliance with Recommended Dosing Intervals for HPV Vaccination among Females, 13-17 Years, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2008-2009. 2012. Vaccine.
Source: Dorell C, Stokley S, Yankey D, Markowitz L. Volume 30, Issue 3, p. 503-505.
- Adolescent Vaccination Coverage Levels in the United States: 2006-2009. 2012. Pediatrics.
Source: Stokley S, Cohn A, Dorell C, Hariri S, Yankey D, Messonnier N, Wortley P. Volume 128, Issue 6, p. 1078-1086.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Series Initiation and Completion, 2008-2009. 2012. Pediatrics.
Source: Dorell C, Yankey D, Santibanez T, Markowitz L. Volume 128, Issue 5, p. 830-839.
- Parent-reported Reasons for Nonreceipt of Recommended Adolescent Vaccinations, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2009. 2012. Clinical Pediatrics.
Source: Dorell C, Yankey D, Strasser. Volume 50, Issue 12, p. 1116-1124.
- Medicaid Reimbursement and the Uptake of Adolescent Vaccines. 2012. Vaccine.
Source: Gowda C, Dempsey A. Volume 30, Issue 9, p. 1682-1689.
- Health Care Provider Recommendation, Human Papillomavirus Vaccination, and Race/Ethnicity in the US National Immunization Survey. 2012. American Journal of Public Health.
Source: Ylitalo K, Lee H, Mehta N. Epublication.
- Compliance with Recommendations and Opportunities for Vaccination at ages 11 to 12 Years: Evaluation of the 2009 National Immunization Survey-Teen. 2011. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
Source: Stokley S, Cohn A, Jain N, McCauley M. Volume 165, Issue 9, p. 813-818.
- National and State Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years _ United States, 2010
Source: MMWR 2011.
- Validity of Parent-Reported Vaccination Status for Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2008. 2011. Public Health Reports.
Source: Dorell C, Jain N, Yankey D. Volume 126, Supplement 2, p. 60-69.
- Vaccination Coverage among U.S. Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years Eligible for the Vaccines for Children Program, 2009. 2011. Public Health Reports.
Source: Lindley MD, Smith PH, Rodewald LE. Volume 126, supplement 2, p. 124-126.
- National, State, and Local Area Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years – United States, 2009
Source: MMWR 2010. 59(32);1018-1023.
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccination among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years, United States, 2007. 2010. Vaccine
Source: Lu PJ, Jain N, Cohn AC. Volume 28, Issue 11, p. 2350-2355.
- Receipt of Tetanus-Containing Vaccinations among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years in the United States: National Immunization Survey-Teen 2007. 2010. Clinical Therapeutics
Source: Jain N, Stokley S, Cohn A. Volume 32, Issue 8, p. 1468-1478.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Coverage among US Adolescents, National Immunization Survey – Teen, 2006
Source: N. Jain, K. Hennessey. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2009. Volume 44, Issue 6, p. 561-567.
- Determining Accurate Vaccination Coverage Rates for Adolescents: The National Immunization Survey – Teen, 2006
Source: N. Jain, J. Singleton, M. Montgomery, B. Skalland. Public Health Reports. 2009. Volume 124, Issue 5, p. 642-651.
- National, State, and Local Area Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years – United States, 2008
Source: MMWR 2009. 58(36); 997-1001.
- National, State, and Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19-35 Months -- United States, 2007
Source: MMWR 2008. 57(35);961-966.
- National Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years -- United States, 2006
Source: MMWR 2007. 56(34);885-888.
- Ranking States' Immunization Coverage: An Example from the National Immunization Survey
Source: L.E. Barker, P.J. Smith, R.B. Gerzoff, E.T. Luman, M.M. McCauley, T.W. Strine. Statistics in Medicine. 2005. Volume 24, Issue 4, p. 605-613.
- What's in a Number? The Use and Abuse of Survey Data
Source: D.M. Simpson, L.E. Rodewald, L.E. Barker. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2001: Volume 20, Issue 2, p. 86-87.
*Accessibility Note: For text-only versions of these files for screen-reader device compatibility, contact NIPINFO@cdc.gov for immediate assistance.
This symbol means you are leaving the CDC.gov Web site. For more information, please see CDC's Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Content last reviewed on August 30, 2012
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases