For Specific Groups of People:
People with Specific Diseases/Conditions
- Guide to Contraindications to Vaccinations
This guide is designed to help immunization providers determine what common symptoms and conditions should contraindicate vaccination and which ones should not. It contains information on all licensed U.S. vaccines.
- Use of Vaccines for the Prevention of Meningitis in Persons with Cochlear Implants
- Vaccination of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) Recipients
- Adults with special health conditions
Diseases can be very serious for people with chronic disease, causing complications that may lead to severe illness, hospitalization, and even death. Staying up to date with vaccines is an important step in protecting your health
- Photos of people with specific diseases
This symbol means you are leaving the CDC.gov Web site. For more information, please see CDC's Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Content last reviewed on August 3, 2009
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases