Recommendations and Guidelines:
Guide to Vaccine Contraindications and Precautions
The 2009 version of the guide has been removed from the site while it is being revised. Meanwhile consult the Quick Guide to Contraindications and Precautions to Commonly Used Vaccines until the guide is ready.
This guide has been removed from the site while it is being revised. Meanwhile consult the following until the guide is ready.
- Quick Guide to Contraindications and Precautions to Commonly Used Vaccines
- Conditions commonly misperceived as contraindications to vaccination
- MMWR, General Recommendations on Immunizations
(Jan 28, 2011, Vol. 60, No. RR-2)
Guide's contents include:
- Contraindications and Precautions by Symptom or Condition
- Summary of Contents of Vaccines Licensed in the U.S.
- Latex in Vaccine Packaging
- Suggested Intervals Between Administration of Antibody-Containing Products for Different Indications and Measles-Containing Vaccine and Varricella Vaccine
Other CDC contraindications materials:
- Pink Book's Chapter on General Recommendations
Contraindications and Precautions to Vaccination (see page 16)
Invalid Contraindications to Vaccination (see page 23)
Screening for Contraindications and Precautions to Vaccination (see page 27)
This symbol means you are leaving the CDC.gov Web site. For more information, please see CDC's Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Content last reviewed on February 11, 2011
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases