Textbooks, Manuals, and Guidelines
Immunization Program Operations Manual(2008-2012)
Surveillance of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases(5th edition, 2011. Updated regularly and last reviewed 2014)
Additional Textbooks and Manuals
- "The Purple Book", The Vaccine Handbook: A Practical Guide for Clinicians, 3rd Edition Posted Aug 2010
Travel and Health 2012
From WHO website. This report provides information on health risks for travelers.
- Vaccination Mandates: The Public Health Imperative & Individual
Rights [23 pages] (compliant)
Chapter 13 of "Law in Public Health Practice"
(1748 pages, $359.00, 2013©) By S.A. Plotkin, MD; W.A. Orenstein, MD; and P.A. Offit, MD
Guidelines for the Control of Pertussis Outbreaks"The Pertussis Guide", 2000-- some chapters updated in 2006.
Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit(May 2014)
Vaccine Administration Guidelines(from Pink Book)
Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans.
ACIP: Guidance for Vaccine Recommendations in Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women(May 2008; last reviewed June 2014)
Guidelines for Vaccinating Pregnant Women(March 2013)
Find the general rules for vaccinating a pregnant woman with a particular vaccine.
Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations(last revieewed: May 2014)
Additional Guides and Guidelines
- Guidelines for Vaccinating Kidney Dialysis Patients and Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease [12 pages] (Document date: Dec 2012; Updated: Feb 2013)
Summary of Recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Vaccination of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) Recipients (Last updated: Feb 2011; Last reviewed: May 2014)
Excerpt from "General Recommendations on Immunizations" MMWR 2011; 60(RR02):1-60
- The Yellow Book, CDC Health Information for International Travel
- Immunization Program Evaluation Requirement for Immunization Awardees
- Vaccines Across the Life Span [2.40MB, 84 pages]
- CoCASA: Users Guide
- AFIX: Standards Guide for Awardees
- National Vaccine Plan Released Feb 2011
Strategies for advancing vaccine research and development, financing, supply, distribution, safety, global cooperation, and informed decision-making among consumers and health care providers.
- Vaccine Information Statements (VIS)
Explains to vaccine recipients both the benefits and risks of a vaccine
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.