Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
The Pink Book: Course Textbook
12th Edition Second Printing (May 2012)
Note: Changes were made to the 12th Edition, 2nd Printing in May. See list of changes.
The 12th Edition, Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases, "Pink Book" includes updated information on routinely used vaccines and the diseases they prevent! Order your copy today!
The Pink Book provides physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and others with the most comprehensive information on vaccine-preventable diseases.
Typical chapters include a description of the disease, pathogenesis, clinical features, laboratory diagnosis, medical management, epidemiology, risk factors, trends in the United States, vaccine details, vaccination schedule and use, contraindications and precautions to vaccination, adverse reactions following vaccination, vaccine storage and handling, and reference or publications.
The appendices are a wealth of reference materials including: minimum age and interval table, current and discontinued vaccines, ingredients tables, vaccine administration guide, etc.
Order the Pink Book
12th Edition Second Printing of the Pink Book (May 2012)
- ORDER ONLINE: Order from the Public Health Foundation website.
The cost is $35.00 (plus shipping and handling)
PHF is the exclusive distributor of The Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases.
- Mail: Send your order with check, money order, purchase order or credit care information to:
- Public Health Foundation, Publications Sales
P.O. Box 616, Annapolis Junction, MD 20701-0616
- Phone: Telephone orders accepted with Visa or MasterCard. Call toll free: (877) 252-1200 and a Customer Service Representative will assist you between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday. For international orders, call (240) 646-7019.
- Fax: Purchase orders and credit card orders may be faxed to (240) 757-4813.
- Email: Send your email order with payment information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download to eBook reader: Download to your digital reader from sites such as Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and Google ebookstore.
View Online, or Download and Print the Pink Book
View or Print Chapters
Slide sets for 12th edition second printing
- Consult the summary page for a list of slide sets for the 12th edition second printing.
Summary of changes to 12th edition
- Consult the summary page for a list of changes between 11th and 12th editions.
Errata, Updates, and Clarifications
- Consult the errata, updates & clarifications page to check for errors that have been corrected, information that has changed, or unclear information that has been clarified. (Latest entry 8/30/12.)
Top of Page
View or Print Appendices
The Pink Book appendices contain a wealth of reference materials including: minimum age and interval table, current and discontinued vaccines, vaccine ingredients tables, foreign vaccine names and terms, vaccine administration guide, etc.
Download all the appendices files [3.73 MB]
Note: Each appendix is offered as a full set or in its individual components. Each "full set" appears exactly as in the print version of the book. Individual components may be updated, and are more likely to be current.
Appendix A: Schedules and Recommendations
Entire Appendix A (full set)[655 KB, 30 pages]
Appendix A by section:
Appendix B: Vaccines
Appendix B by section:
Appendix C: Vaccine Storage and Handling
Appendix C by section:
Appendix D: Vaccine Administration
Appendix D by section:
Appendix E: Vaccine Information Statements
Appendix E by section:
Appendix F: Vaccine Safety
Appendix F by section:
Appendix G: Data and Statistics
Appendix G by section:
Appendix H: Immunization Resources
Appendix H by section:
Top of Page