Supplemental and Archived Varicella
as Published in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
These MMWR publications were published in addition to the official CDC recommendations and serve as updates until the recommendations are revised and republished. These MMWRs contain important changes or supplemental recommendations that may include policy notes, changes or updates to recommendations, and notices to readers.
NOTE: As a general rule, if the official recommendations are dated later than the supplemental recommendations listed below, the official recommendations override the older items listed below.
For your convenience, the "Archived MMWR Publications" section can be used for historical and research purposes.
Supplemental Varicella Recommendations
- FDA Approval of an Extended Period for Administering VariZIG for Postexposure Prophylaxis of Varicella
Source: MMWR; March 30, 2012 / 61(12);212-212
- Update: Recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Regarding Administration of Combination MMRV Vaccine
Source: MMWR; March 14, 2008 / 57(10);258-260
- Notice to Readers: Update on Supply of Vaccines Containing Varicella-Zoster Virus
Source: MMWR; May 11, 2007 / 56(07);453
- Notice to Readers: Supply of Vaccines Containing Varicella-Zoster Virus
Source: MMWR; Feb 23, 2007 / 56(07);146-147
- A New Product (VariZIG™) for Postexposure Prophylaxis of Varicella Available Under an Investigational New Drug Application Expanded Access Protocol
Source: MMWR; March 3, 2006 / 55(08);209-210
- Notice to Readers: Licensure of a Combined Live Attenuated Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella Vaccine
Source: MMWR; Dec 2, 2005 / 54(47);1212-1214
Content last reviewed on April 8, 2011
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases