Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations
The 64-page guide offers a quick read on childhood diseases and the vaccines that protect children from them.
Three Ways to Read This Guide:
- Read online
- Order a printed booklet
- Download a printer-friendly version
Read or Download the Parents' Guide
NOTE: Booklet page size is 6-3/8” x 9.” If you print, see "Paper Sizing & Handling" in the print dialog box. Select "Booklet" to print as side-by-side pages on 11” x 8-1/2".
- 64-page booklet [PDF - 2.2MB, 64 pages]
- Part 1 – Childhood Diseases and the Vaccines that Prevent Them [PDF - 729 KB, 14 pages]
- Part 2 – Before, During and After the Immunization Office Visit [PDF - 474 KB, 8 pages]
- Part 3 – How Vaccines Work & Risks and Benefits of Vaccination [PDF - 459 KB, 12 pages]
- Part 4 – Frequently Asked Questions [PDF - 402 KB, 12 pages]
- Part 5 – Summary of Childhood Vaccine-Preventable Diseases [PDF - 235 KB, 4 pages]
- Glossary and Resources [PDF - 148 KB, 8 pages]
Order a Booklet
- Scroll the Online Publications Order Form until you reach the section labeled "Other Materials."
- Find "Parents Guide to Childhood Immunization" (Order number 22-1179) and type in the number of copies.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the ordering page, fill in the shipping information, and click "Send."
- Booklets are sent by USPS; delivery may take up to 3 weeks.
This symbol means you are leaving the CDC.gov Web site. For more information, please see CDC's Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Content last reviewed on June 28, 2012
Content Source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases