Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations
At a Glance
The 60-page guide offers a quick read on childhood diseases and the vaccines that protect children from them.
The Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations helps parents and caregivers learn about the role vaccines play in helping keep children healthy. The color booklet includes a glossary and list of resources and is illustrated with children’s artwork.
Three Ways to Read This Guide:
- Read online
- Order a printed booklet
- Download a printer-friendly version
Read or Download the Parents' Guide
NOTE: Booklet page size is 6-3/8” x 9.” If you print, see "Paper Sizing & Handling" in the print dialog box. Select "Booklet" to print as side-by-side pages on 11” x 8-1/2".
- 60-page booklet [3.35 MB, 60 pages]
- Part 1 – Childhood Diseases and the Vaccines that Prevent Them [14 pages]
- Part 2 – Before, During and After the Immunization Office Visit [8 pages]
- Part 3 – How Vaccines Work & Risks and Benefits of Vaccination [10 pages]
- Part 4 – Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 5 – Summary of Childhood Vaccine-Preventable Diseases [3 pages]
- Glossary and Resources [6 pages]
Order a Booklet
- Open CDC-INFO on Demand – Publications.
- Under “Programs,” select “Immunization and Vaccines (Schedules and Booklets).”
- Find “Parents Guide to Childhood Immunizations,” Pub ID 221179
- Indicate number of booklets needed (limit: 25) and click “Add to Cart.”
- When ready, click “Check Out” under “Cart” at top right of the page.
- Complete the order form and click “Submit Order.” Orders require 2-4 weeks for delivery; rush orders are not available.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.