VTrckS Technical Setup for Awardees
Access to VTrckS requires that specific technical requirements be met in order to minimize issues when using the system. Prior to logging onto VTrckS, users need to verify that they have the correct technical setup for each computer or PC that will access VTrckS. In addition to this initial verification, technical verification should be completed any time a new computer is used to access VTrckS.
It is important to confirm the technical setup for any user accessing VTrckS by running the PC Readiness Tool. The PC Readiness Tool is located on the SAMS home page under “My Applications.” Clicking the link will provide access to the tool and the appropriate user guide to walk through the process.
For awardees, the following minimum technical specifications are required for computers used to access VTrckS. The PC Readiness Tool checks and validates some of these requirements while manual verification is needed for others. The PC Readiness Tool documentation clearly explains when manual verification is needed.
- Desktop or laptop
- 2 GHz processor or greater
- 2 GB of RAM
- High-speed internet access (dial-up not recommended)
- TLS 1.0 must be enabled in the user’s Web browser (steps provided in PC Readiness Tool documentation)
- Internet 6,7,8 or 9  for Windows OR Mozilla Firefox 2.0, 3.0 3.5 
- Adobe Reader 9 and up
- Microsoft Office Professional 1997, 2003, 2007 or 2010
- Java Runtime Environment 184.108.40.206 (update 26)
- Adobe Flash 8.0 and up
Operating System (OS)
- Windows 2000, Vista, XP (preferred), or 7
- .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0
- 1 GB of free space
- Internet Explorer 9 conditionally supported until further testing by SAP
- Firefox 2.0 conditionally supported with Windows XP 2002 Prof. 32-bit; Firefox 3.0, 3.5 conditionally supported by Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit
If you experience compatibility issues between your operating system and web browser version, please contact CDC’s Vaccine Order Management Contact Center at 1-877-878-6247
- Page last reviewed: December 4, 2013
- Page last updated: December 4, 2013
- Content source: