VTrckS Tips for Success
In This Issue
VTrckS Connection Newsletter
Grantees that have deployed to full VTrckS have shared their insights in what makes for a successful deployment. The CDC VTrckS team compiled these tips to assist and support all grantees. Whether or not you have deployed, you may benefit.
Planning for Success in Advance
1. Consider a staggered schedule for provider orders to even out grantee staff order processing workload.
- Example: Half of your providers order in the first two weeks of the month; the other half order midway through the month.
- Example: Provider practices with names starting with A-E order week one of month, F-L order week two, M-S order week three, T-Z order week four.
2. Well in advance of transitioning to VTrckS and/or the IIS, accustom providers to tracking inventory to the level of NDC, Lot Number, and Expiration Date by including this information on vaccine order/inventory forms. Illinois' form is a good example: Illinois VFC Pediatric Vaccine Order, Inventory, and Accountability Form[23 KB, 2 pages]3. For ExIS grantees that will enter orders directly in VTrckS on behalf of their providers until their ExIS solution becomes available, CDC will perform an initial upload of the last three months of shipment data at the time of cutover as a starting point for provider inventories.
4. Make sure you have Live Meeting Client software downloaded on computers that access VTrckS. Live Meeting is one of the tools the Contact Center utilizes to help users troubleshoot issues in VTrckS.
Ordering Directly in VTrckS on Behalf of Providers
1. When ordering, use the Vaccine Request page, where you can enter order and inventory information on the same page.
- Cross reference the order quantities with the quantities reported as inventory on hand.
- Adjust order quantities requested by the provider as needed.
2. If the order includes multiple lines, click the Insert button the appropriate number of times on the Vaccine Request page before order entry to save time.
3. Use the wrench in the Inventory on Hand block to customize the number of lines of inventory to see.
4. Sort inventory items in the Inventory on Hand block by expiration date and delete expired vaccines if there are any.
5. Have on hand a current copy of the Federal Vaccines List (FVL) when entering orders.
- To know the NDCs available for ordering.
- To know the specific NDCs to enter on the Vaccine Request page.
- To copy NDCs from the FVL and paste them into the appropriate field on the Vaccine Request page (if using a soft copy of FVL).
6. Routinely search for saved inventory documents. When they are complete, make sure you submit them. You will only see saved inventory documents if you create inventory outside of the vaccine request. (i.e., through the support docs page).
Possible ExIS Considerations Until Your Full ExIS Solution Becomes Available
1. If your IIS has an inventory report with Provider PIN, NDC, Lot Number, Expiration Date, and Quantity on hand, consider retrofitting it for ExIS upload.
2. Upload flu orders through the ExIS interface. (No inventory is required for flu orders.)
3. Maintain your provider Master Data directly in VTrckS if your IIS has no ExIS interface or if the ExIS interface is not yet available.
Learn more about entering orders on behalf of providers and managing provider master data directly in VTrckS by accessing the VTrckS Training Library. Links to specific training documents are provided below.
Entering Inventory Orders on Behalf of Providers in VTrckS
- Create, Save, and Submit Inventory on Hand Support Document
- Search and Review Inventory on Hand[244 KB, 2 pages]
- Create a Direct Ship Vaccine Request
- Create a High Priority Vaccine Request
- Search and Review Vaccine Request QRG[294 KB, 2 pages]
Finding a PO Number for a Direct Ship Vaccine
- How to Find PO Number for Direct Ship Vaccines[847 KB, 3 pages](e.g., Original Certification Date, Renewal Certification Date, Provider Status, Special Project Provider, Facility Physician License Number)
Finding Shipment Information for a Vaccine Order
Managing Provider Master Data Directly in VTrckS
- Create a New Provider
- Add a Contact to a Provider Master Record
- Change the Facility Status from Active to Inactive
- Change a Provider's Business Hours
- Change the Value of a Marketing Attribute (e.g., Original Certification Date, Renewal Certification Date, Provider Status, Special Project Provider, Facility Physician License Number)
- Save a Search to my Saved Searches List[236 KB, 2 pages]
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.