Overview of AFIX
AFIX is a quality improvement program used by awardees to raise immunization coverage levels, reduce missed opportunities to vaccinate, and improve standards of practices at the provider level. The acronym for this four-part dynamic strategy stands for
- Assessment of the healthcare provider's vaccination coverage levels and immunization practices.
- Feedback of results to the provider along with recommended quality improvement strategies to improve processes, immunization practices, and coverage levels.
- Incentives to recognize and reward improved performance.
- eXchange of information with providers to follow up on their progress towards quality improvement in immunization services and improvement in immunization coverage levels.
- Page last reviewed: December 10, 2014
- Page last updated: April 15, 2015
- Content source: