NIS-Teen Vaccination Coverage Articles/Reports
The National Immunization Survey -Teens
These articles appear in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) and other publications.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents, 2007–2013, and Postlicensure Vaccine Safety Monitoring, 2006–2014 — United States
Source: MMWR 2014.
- National, Regional, State, and Selected Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13–17 Years — United States, 2013
Source: MMWR 2014.
- National and State Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years, United States, 2012.
Source: MMWR 2013.
- Human papillomavirus vaccination coverage among adolescent girls, 2007-2012, and post-licensure vaccine safety monitoring, 2006-2013 – United States.
Source: MMWR 2013.
- HPV Vaccination among adolescent males: results from the National Immunization Survey-Teen. 2013 Vaccine.
Source: Reiter PL, Gilkey MB, Brewer NT. Volume 31, issue 26, p.2816-21.
- Reasons for not vaccinating adolescents: National Immunization Survey of Teens, 2008-2010. 2013 Pediatrics.
Source: Darden PM, Thompson DM, Roberts JR, Hale JJ, Pope C, Naifeh M, Jacobson RM. Volume 131, issue 4, p. 645-51.
- The accuracy of human papillomavirus vaccination status based on adult proxy recall or household immunization records for adolescent females in the United States: results from the National Immunization Survey-Teen. 2013 Ann Epidemiol.
Source: Ojha RP, Tota JE, Offut-Powell TN, Kloskey JL. Ashokkumar R, Gurney JG. Volume 23, issue 5, p. 281-5.
- Social inequalities in adolescent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination: a test of fundamental cause theory. 2013 Soc Sci Med.
Source: Polonijo AN, Carpiano RM. Volume 82, p. 115-25.
- Annual report to the nation on the status of cancer, 1975-2009, featuring the burden and trends in human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated cancers and HPV vaccination coverage levels. 2013 J Natl Cancer Inst.
Source: Jemal A, Simard EP, Dorell C, Noone Am, Markowitz LE, Kohler B, Eheman C, Saraiya M, Bandi P, Saslow D, Cronin KA, Watson M, Schiffman M, Henley SJ, Schymura MJ, Anderson RN, Yankey D, Edwards BK. Volume 105, issue 3, p. 175-201.
- Factors that influence parental vaccination decisions for adolescents, 13 to 17 years old: National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2010. 2013 Clin Pediatr (Phila).
Source: Dorell C, Yankey D, Kennedy A, Stokley S. Volume 52, issue 2, p. 162-70.
- Factors associated with receipt of two doses of varicella vaccine among adolescents in the United States. 2013 Pediatr Infect Dis J.
Source: Kawai K, O'Brien MA, Conway JH, Marshall GS, Kuter BJ. Volume 32, issue 5, p. 538-42.
- National and State Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years, United States, 2011.
Source: MMWR 2012.
- Middle School Vaccination Requirements and Adolescent Vaccination Coverage. 2012. Pediatrics.
Source: Bugenske E, Stokley S, Kennedy A, Dorell C. Volume 129, Issue 6, p. 1056-1063.
- A Comparison of Parent and Provider Reported Influenza Vaccination Status of Adolescents. 2012 Vaccine.
Source: Lu PJ, Dorell, C, Yankey D, Santibanez T, Singleton J. Volume 30, Issue 22, p. 3278-3285.
- Hepatitis A Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents in the United States. 2012. Pediatrics.
Source: Dorell C, Yankey D, Byrd K, Murphy T. Volume 129, Issue 2, p. 213-221.
- Compliance with Recommended Dosing Intervals for HPV Vaccination among Females, 13-17 Years, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2008-2009. 2012. Vaccine.
Source: Dorell C, Stokley S, Yankey D, Markowitz L. Volume 30, Issue 3, p. 503-505.
- Adolescent Vaccination Coverage Levels in the United States: 2006-2009. 2012. Pediatrics.
Source: Stokley S, Cohn A, Dorell C, Hariri S, Yankey D, Messonnier N, Wortley P. Volume 128, Issue 6, p. 1078-1086.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Series Initiation and Completion, 2008-2009. 2012. Pediatrics.
Source: Dorell C, Yankey D, Santibanez T, Markowitz L. Volume 128, Issue 5, p. 830-839.
- Parent-reported Reasons for Nonreceipt of Recommended Adolescent Vaccinations, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2009. 2012. Clinical Pediatrics.
Source: Dorell C, Yankey D, Strasser. Volume 50, Issue 12, p. 1116-1124.
- Medicaid Reimbursement and the Uptake of Adolescent Vaccines. 2012. Vaccine.
Source: Gowda C, Dempsey A. Volume 30, Issue 9, p. 1682-1689.
- Health Care Provider Recommendation, Human Papillomavirus Vaccination, and Race/Ethnicity in the US National Immunization Survey. 2012. American Journal of Public Health.
Source: Ylitalo K, Lee H, Mehta N. Epublication.
- Compliance with Recommendations and Opportunities for Vaccination at ages 11 to 12 Years: Evaluation of the 2009 National Immunization Survey-Teen. 2011. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
Source: Stokley S, Cohn A, Jain N, McCauley M. Volume 165, Issue 9, p. 813-818.
- National and State Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years _ United States, 2010
Source: MMWR 2011.
- Validity of Parent-Reported Vaccination Status for Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2008. 2011. Public Health Reports.
Source: Dorell C, Jain N, Yankey D. Volume 126, Supplement 2, p. 60-69.
- Vaccination Coverage among U.S. Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years Eligible for the Vaccines for Children Program, 2009. 2011. Public Health Reports.
Source: Lindley MD, Smith PH, Rodewald LE. Volume 126, supplement 2, p. 124-126.
- National, State, and Local Area Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years – United States, 2009
Source: MMWR 2010. 59(32);1018-1023.
- Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccination among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years, United States, 2007. 2010. Vaccine
Source: Lu PJ, Jain N, Cohn AC. Volume 28, Issue 11, p. 2350-2355.
- Receipt of Tetanus-Containing Vaccinations among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years in the United States: National Immunization Survey-Teen 2007. 2010. Clinical Therapeutics
Source: Jain N, Stokley S, Cohn A. Volume 32, Issue 8, p. 1468-1478.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Coverage among US Adolescents, National Immunization Survey – Teen, 2006
Source: N. Jain, K. Hennessey. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2009. Volume 44, Issue 6, p. 561-567.
- Determining Accurate Vaccination Coverage Rates for Adolescents: The National Immunization Survey – Teen, 2006
Source: N. Jain, J. Singleton, M. Montgomery, B. Skalland. Public Health Reports. 2009. Volume 124, Issue 5, p. 642-651.
- National, State, and Local Area Vaccination Coverage among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years – United States, 2008
Source: MMWR 2009. 58(36); 997-1001.
- National, State, and Local Area Vaccination Coverage Among Children Aged 19-35 Months -- United States, 2007
Source: MMWR 2008. 57(35);961-966.
- National Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 13-17 Years -- United States, 2006
Source: MMWR 2007. 56(34);885-888.
- Ranking States' Immunization Coverage: An Example from the National Immunization Survey
Source: L.E. Barker, P.J. Smith, R.B. Gerzoff, E.T. Luman, M.M. McCauley, T.W. Strine. Statistics in Medicine. 2005. Volume 24, Issue 4, p. 605-613.
- What's in a Number? The Use and Abuse of Survey Data
Source: D.M. Simpson, L.E. Rodewald, L.E. Barker. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2001: Volume 20, Issue 2, p. 86-87.
*Accessibility Note: For text-only versions of these files for screen-reader device compatibility, contact NIPINFO@cdc.gov for immediate assistance.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.