Vaccine Recommendations of the ACIP
Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP)
Vaccine Guidelines and Recommendations for Emergency Situations
- Immunization Recommendations for Disaster Responders
Required immunizations for emergency responders and vaccines with no indicator.
- Questions and Answers About Immunization Recommendations Following a Disaster
Answers questions such as "How will evacuation centers receive adequate vaccine to immunize evacuees?"
- Interim Immunization Recommendations for Individuals Displaced by a Disaster
The purpose of these recommendations is two-fold:
- To ensure that children, adolescents, and adults are protected against vaccine-preventable diseases in accordance with current recommendations. Immunization records are unlikely to be available for a large number of adult and child evacuees. It is important that immunizations are kept current if possible.
- To reduce the likelihood of outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases in large crowded group settings.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.