First Time Visitor?
Learn what this site offers, its "most asked for" items, and which tools can help you find the information you need.
- Information on child, preteen, and adult vaccine-preventable diseases and their prevention
- Recommended immunization schedules
- For Healthcare Professionals
- For Everyone: Easy-to-read Schedules
- Interactive immunization schedule tools, specific to childhood, adolescent and adult vaccine recommendations
- Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) describing each vaccine preventable disease, the risks and benefits of the vaccine, and possible side-effects
- Immunization-related News and Publications
- Education & Training for healthcare professionals
- Components, tools, and guidelines for Program Managers and Grantees
- Statistics and Surveillance including the National Immunization Survey (NIS) and immunization coverage data
- Facts, overviews, details, stories, podcasts, and videos, including
NCIRD's Vaccines and Immunizations website provides credible information. The website is maintained by the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), the Federal Government's principal agency for immunization research and a component of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Web content is researched, written and approved by subject matter experts, including credentialed physicians, researchers, epidemiologists, and analysts. Content is based on published and peer-reviewed science at the domestic and international levels. CDC leadership makes the final decision on the website's words, images and links to best serve the public need as well as the information needs of healthcare providers, public health professionals, partners, educators, and researchers.
The information is frequently updated to include the latest in science and public health and most pages are reviewed yearly.
You can sign up to receive alerts on various immunization topics by e-mail. When new information is available, you'll get email updates.
Immunization Works! is a popular monthly e-newsletter. Sign up to receive it and other immunization-related newsletters.
Tools for Your Web Visit
- Acronyms and abbreviations
- Glossary of immunization terms
- Upcoming vaccine and immunization-related events
- Partners' & related websites
- Site map
- Online publications order form
Need More Information?
If you can't locate the immunization information you need, contact CDC-INFO (English and Spanish)
- By email: complete this form
- By phone: call (800) 232-4636 (800-CDC-INFO), Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm Eastern time (ET)
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.