Tribal Advisory Committee
Now Accepting TAC Nominations
The CDC/ATSDR TAC currently has 3 vacancies for membership. Information about the vacant seats, eligibility, selection criteria, and nomination procedures is posted below.
Nominations are due May 30, 2014.
The Tribal Advisory Committee (TAC) advises CDC/ATSDR on policy issues and broad strategies that may significantly affect American Indian/Alaska Native communities. The TAC will assist CDC/ATSDR in fulfilling its mission to promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability through established and ongoing relationships and consultation sessions.
The TAC consists of 16 voluntary representatives: one delegate (and one authorized representative) from a federally recognized tribe geographically located in each of the 12 Indian Health Service Areas, and one delegate (and one authorized representative) from four federally recognized tribes at large.
Delegates must be
- Elected tribal officials,
- Acting in their official capacity as elected officials of their tribe, with authority to act on behalf of the tribe,
- Qualified to represent the views of the Indian tribes in the area from which they are nominated.
Each delegate may designate an authorized representative to act on his or her behalf. Authorized representatives may be elected tribal officials or designated tribal officials who are qualified to represent the views of tribes. Authorized representatives might include, but are not limited to, tribal health officers, tribal health system executive directors, and leaders of regional and national non-profit organizations (501.c.3), such as the National Congress of American Indians, the National Indian Health Board, or the National Indian Child Welfare Association.
- TAC Fact Sheet [PDF-113KB]
- Current TAC Roster [PDF-139KB]
- TAC Charter [PDF-179KB]
- CDC/ATSDR Tribal Consultation Policy [PDF-418KB]
- Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) Frequently Asked Questions [PDF-62KB]
Document provided by the Department of Health and Human Services
Acting Executive Secretary (Designated Federal Officer)—CAPT Craig Wilkins, Acting Director for Tribal Support Unit
Past TAC Meetings
February 5-7, 2013
August 28–29, 2012
January 31–February 1, 2012
August 22–23, 2011
February 1–2, 2011
July 27-28, 2010
January 26–28, 2010
- Page last reviewed: May 19, 2014
- Page last updated: May 19, 2014
- Content source: