CDC/ATSDR Tribal Consultation
Tribal Consultation Policy
Government-to-government consultation will be conducted with elected tribal officials or their authorized representatives before taking actions and/or making decisions that affect them. CDC’s Tribal Consultation Policy and procedures within that policy were established to provide tribal leaders, or their designees, with opportunities to interact with CDC leadership and staff.
Biannual Tribal Consultation Sessions
These sessions are attended by elected tribal leaders, or their authorized representatives. Each year, one session is hosted by CDC in Atlanta (winter), and one is hosted by a tribe or area tribal health board in another location (summer).
HHS Tribal Consultation
CDC participates in annual HHS national and regional tribal consultation sessions, as well as various intradepartmental committees including
- Secretary’s Tribal Advisory Committee (STAC)
- Intradepartmental Council on Native American Affairs (ICNAA)
- American Indian/Alaska Native Health Research Advisory Council (HRAC)
- Page last reviewed: May 19, 2014
- Page last updated: May 19, 2014
- Content source: