Smoke Free Soccer: Coaches Manual: Chapter 9
If your kids don’t use tobacco, they will really know how good it feels to be in shape and in control. Showing those around them how fit they are and getting others to join their team is the object of this game.
- Each player will need a ball.
- Player A is IT and starts with the ball. All the other balls are around the sides of the gridded space (20 x 20 yards).
- Player A dribbles and tries to hit the other players with a pass below the waist. When hit, the caught player gets a ball and joins Player A as IT.
- Game is over when all players have been caught.
- Last player caught starts with the ball for the next game.
- Encourage quick movements and sudden changes of direction to catch players off guard.
- Encourage deceptive passing of ball: look one way, pass the other. Use outside of foot.
- Free players should run, jump and use zig-zag movements to avoid getting caught.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348