Smoke Free Soccer: Coaches Manual: Chapter 7
ONE VS. ONE BATTLES—7
Each of the kids on your team will face a one-on-one choice in their lives—to use tobacco or not. If your kids know how to be in control, how to put themselves in the best position to achieve (score) their goals, they will have the best chance to succeed in making the tougher decisions that they will encounter in life.
- Play one vs. one, trying to score through a two-sided goal.
- There is no out-of-bounds.
- The player in possession of the ball is the attacker, the other player is the defender.
- Play games of one minute in duration.
- Individual defending: steer attacker away from the goal, tackle when the ball is exposed, get goal side when possession is lost.
- Individual attacking: try to face the defender whenever possible, use change of speed or direction, shield when trying to maintain possession.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348