Smoke Free Soccer: Coaches Manual: Chapter 4
This activity is called "Battle Zone" because sometimes staying tobacco-free seems like a battle. But, with the help of just a few dedicated tobacco-free teammates, kids can win in the Battle Zone.
- A regular four vs. four game.
- Since the field is narrow and long, this game lends itself to direct play and counter attacking.
- Team shape.
- Attacking and defending principles.
- Fitness (you can’t perform at this level if you’re a smoker).
- Penetration vs. possession decisions.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348