Smoke Free Soccer: Coaches Manual: Chapter 3
SEVEN VS. FOUR ESCAPE—3
Sometimes, it may seem to your kids as if everyone they know is pressuring them to use tobacco. In fact, they would probably be surprised to learn that, on average, less than one out of every four people smoke cigarettes. Even if it seems like all their friends are smoking, they can beat the odds and stay tobacco-free. Here’s an activity to show them that even when they may be outnumbered, they can still triumph.
- Seven players try to possess the ball. 15 passes equal a goal.
- Four players are collectively trying to gain possession and get the ball out of the space.
- One point is awarded each time they get it out. A total of three points wins the game.
- General fitness.
- Ball control.
- Anticipating and intercepting passes.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348