Smoke Free Soccer: Coaches Manual: Chapter 1
If the players on your team can learn to work together toward a common goal on the soccer field, maybe they can also learn to work together off the field to beat the peer pressure to use tobacco. Here’s an activity that will teach your team to work together.
- Object of the game is to get four balls back to your team’s corner.
- You can only work on moving one ball at a time.
- You must dribble the ball back to your corner.
- You can steal a ball from an opponent’s corner.
- Since this is a competition meant for fun, players will not view it as a fitness session.
- Since there are only 12 balls, players must steal from other groups.
- Players must keep their heads up to see how the game is developing.
- Let younger players use their hands to carry the ball first.
- Let younger players steal the ball from their opponents while they are dribbling.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348