Sustaining State Funding for Tobacco Control
CDC's Office on Smoking and Health has identified 4 strategic priority areas. One of these priorities, “Promoting Sustainable Science-Based Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs at the CDC-Recommended Levels” was established to focus on supporting states in their efforts to preserve tobacco control funding in the face of serious state budget challenges.
Sustaining States Objectives
- Provide strategic consultation to states and territories for the purpose of sustaining their programs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships that provide leadership for sustaining state and territorial funding.
- Provide and expand science around specific best practice components.
- Develop and provide training for states and territories to support and promote program sustainability.
Resources and Products
- Panel Review of Best Practices
- Office on Smoking and Health's Strategic Priority
- The Facts
- State Data Highlights 2006
- A Summary of State Tobacco Control Program Evaluation Literature [PDF–886 KB]
- State Snapshots
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348