Panel Review of Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
December 06, 2006
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Emory Conference Center
Washington, DC 20008
A panel of experts in comprehensive state-wide tobacco control programs convened in Atlanta, Georgia on December 6, 2006. The meeting's purpose was to update CDC's Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs (1999) by reviewing funding models and approaches to estimating state-specific budget recommendations.
At the meeting, the expert panel—
- Provided technical consultation on the best evidence available to determine updated cost parameters (and metrics to calculate them) for major components of a comprehensive tobacco control program.
- Reviewed data relevant to potential changes in the 1999 funding recommendations, including state experience and findings on program effectiveness.
The links below include communication to states about and a summary of that meeting.
- Message from the Director of CDC's Office on Smoking and Health [PDF–58KB]
- Agenda [PDF–57KB]
- Meeting Summary [PDF–79KB]
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348