Consortium for Tobacco Use Cessation Technical Assistance
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) supports the development of a consortium to provide technical assistance to state tobacco control programs and national and state partners in order to translate the science of tobacco control cessation into public health action. Specifically, the consortium is intended to provide technical assistance to state tobacco control programs and national and state tobacco control organizations to support their efforts to (1) enhance state quitline capacity and sustainability and (2) promote comprehensive private and public insurance coverage of cessation treatments and promote health systems change to integrate tobacco dependence treatment into the clinical workflow.
Application Deadline Has Passed
This project is needed to increase understanding and application of evidence-based cessation interventions by state tobacco control programs and national and state partners in order to take full advantage of current opportunities in this area created by recent federal initiatives and in order to jump-start progress on increasing tobacco cessation and reducing tobacco use. Specifically, this project is expected to achieve the following outcomes:
- Increased quit attempts;
- Increased calls to state quitlines and increased utilization of other evidence-based cessation services;
- Increased referrals from health care providers and practices to state quitlines;
- Increased state coverage of evidence-based cessation treatments for Medicaid enrollees; and
- Increased adoption of measures specific to tobacco cessation and quitlines during future stages of Meaningful Use.
The official FOA is at Grants.Gov.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348