This report provides a composite overview of smoking and health issues among women and girls in the United States. The report summarizes tobacco use patterns among women, factors associated with starting and continuing to smoke, the health consequences of smoking, tobacco marketing targeted at women, and cessation and prevention interventions.
- Chapter 1. Introduction and Summary of Conclusions.
- Chapter 2. Patterns of Tobacco Use Among Women.
- Chapter 3. Health Consequences of Tobacco Use Among Women.
- Chapter 4. Factors Influencing Tobacco Use Among Women.
- Chapter 5. Efforts to Reduce Tobacco Use Among Women.
A Vision for the Future: what is Needed to Reduce Tobacco Use Among Women.
- Tables & Figures
File Formats: All viewers, players, and plug-ins used on this site can be downloaded from the file formats page. (For example: Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files, Windows Media Player for audio and video files, PowerPoint Viewer for presentation slides, etc.)
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348