Health-Care Provider Screening for Tobacco Smoking and Advice to Quit—17 Countries, 2008–2011
November 22, 2013 / Vol. 62 / No. 46
Cigarette Smoking Prevalence and Health Care Provider Screening
- Smoking prevalence in the 17 GATS countries ranged from 14.0% in India to 39.1% in Russia.
- The percentage of current and former smokers in the 17 GATS countries who visited a health care provider ranged from 21.6% in Egypt to 62.3% in Poland.
- The percentage of current and former smokers asked by their health care provider if they smoked ranged from 34.9% in Vietnam to 82.1% in Romania.
- The percentage of current and former smokers in the 17 GATS countries who were advised to quit by their health care provider ranged from 17.3% in Mexico to 67.3% in Romania.
- Page last reviewed: July 29, 2015
- Page last updated: November 21, 2013
- Content source: