I'm Ready to Quit!
Resources to Help You Quit Smoking
It's never too late to quit smoking. Quitting smoking now improves your health and reduces your risk of heart disease, cancer, lung disease, and other smoking-related illnesses. There are many resources available to help you quit smoking, including quitlines, educational materials, Web sites, and support groups. You can also talk to your doctor about other strategies for quitting that may be right for you.
For support in quitting, including free quit coaching, a free quit plan, free educational materials, and referrals to local resources, call:
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569) (en Español)
- A Web site dedicated to helping you quit smoking.
- Smokefree Women
- A Web site that helps women quit smoking.
- Smokefree Teen
- A Web site that helps teens quit smoking.
- Smokefree.gov en Español
- A Web site in Spanish dedicated to helping you quit smoking.
- Smokefree QuitGuide App
- Smokefree QuitGuide app for your smartphone available from iTunes.
- Help for Smokers and Other Tobacco Users
- Booklet that tells you about ways you can quit.
- Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco
- Guide that addresses tobacco issues specific to African Americans.
- FDA 101: Smoking Cessation Products
- Article discussing FDA approved products that help you quit smoking.
- Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proud
- A DoD-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families.
- Harms of Smoking and Health Benefits of Quitting
- A fact sheet from the National Cancer Institute.
- Quit Smoking
- Tools and guides to help you quit smoking.
- Quit Tips
- Five tips to help you quit.
- Tobacco Cessation—You Can Quit Smoking Now!
- The latest information to help you quit from the Surgeon General's Web site.
- You Can Quit Smoking
- A consumer guide to help you become tobacco free.
Other Online Resources
- American Cancer Society
- Guide to quitting smoking.
- American Heart Association
- A free, online plan to help you quit smoking.
- American Lung Association
Get email updates
To receive email updates about the Tips From Former Smokers campaign, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717