I'm Ready to Quit!
Resources to Help You Quit Smoking
It's never too late to quit smoking. Quitting smoking now improves your health and reduces your risk of heart disease, cancer, lung disease, and other smoking-related illnesses. There are many resources available to help you quit smoking, including quitlines, educational materials, Web sites, and support groups. You can also talk to your doctor about other strategies for quitting that may be right for you.
For support in quitting, including free quit coaching, a free quit plan, free educational materials, and referrals to local resources, call:
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569) (en Español)
A Web site dedicated to helping you quit smoking.
Free 24/7 quit help for adults and young adults texted to your phone!
- Smokefree Women
- A Web site that helps women quit smoking.
- Smokefree Teen
- A Web site that helps teens quit smoking.
- Smokefree.gov en Español
- A Web site in Spanish dedicated to helping you quit smoking.
- Smokefree QuitGuide App
- Track your progress, receive encouraging reminders, and more on your smartphone. Available from iTunes.
- Help for Smokers and Other Tobacco Users
- Booklet that tells you about ways you can quit.
- Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco
- Guide that addresses tobacco issues specific to African Americans.
- FDA 101: Smoking Cessation Products
- Article discussing FDA approved products that help you quit smoking.
- Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proud
A DoD-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families.
A mobile text messaging service for veterans getting health care through the VA.
- What you Need to Know About Quitting
- 5 Quit Tips
Five tips to help you quit
One-stop shop with quit guidance for tobacco users, parents, educators, and health professionals.
Other Online Resources
- American Cancer Society
- Guide to quitting smoking.
- American Heart Association
- A free, online plan to help you quit smoking.
- American Lung Association
- Page last reviewed: December 2, 2015
- Page last updated: December 2, 2015
- Content source: