Love Your Heart
To reach smokers and to help tobacco control programs and organizations reach smokers, CDC has developed resources that tap into the heartfelt holiday of Valentine’s Day and February’s status as American Heart Month to drive home the importance of smoking cessation to cardiovascular health.
Resources for Tobacco Prevention and Control
The following products and resources are available to help encourage smokers in your community to quit now.
- Feature Article
Love Your Heart
This article encourages smokers to quit and provides friends and family members of smokers with information and resources to encourage the smokers in their lives to quit for good.
Valentine's Day eCard #1
Valentine's Day eCard #2 (animated)
These e-cards encourage smokers to quit for heart health.
Valentine's Day Buttons
States and partners can upload these buttons to their Web sites to help promote the Valentine's Day cessation message and to link users to related content on this Web site.
Support to Quit
The following free resources are available to help smokers quit.
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Smokers can get free support and advice from experienced counselors, a personalized quit plan, self-help materials, the latest information about cessation medications, and more.
- BeTobaccoFree.gov is the Department of Health and Human Services' comprehensive Web site providing one-stop access to tobacco-related information from across its agencies. This consolidated resource includes general information on tobacco as well as federal and state laws and policies, health statistics, and evidence-based methods on how to quit.
- Smokefree.gov provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of people trying to quit smoking.
- SmokefreeWomen provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of women trying to quit smoking.
- Quit Tobacco: Make Everyone Proud is a Department of Defense-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families.
- Help for Smokers and Other Tobacco Users: Quit Smoking is an easy-to-read guide issued by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- SfT (SmokefreeTeen) is a site devoted to helping teens quit smoking.
- SmokefreeTXT is a teen texting program.
- espanol.smokefree.gov is a Spanish-language quitting site.
- How to Quit provides more useful information from CDC to help you quit.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348