Information on diseases caused by tobacco use, such as cancer, heart disease, and respiratory diseases. Also find information on the health effects of smoking during pregnancy.
Surgeon General's Reports
The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco
Secondhand Smoke: Triumphs and Tragedies is a 10-minute video that puts a human face on the issue by telling the stories of six individuals whose health was affected by secondhand smoke and/or who led local efforts to make workplaces and public places smoke free. The video also tells the stories of three communities that successfully implemented smoke-free policies. The video won the Gold Aurora and Silver Telly awards.
- The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke
- Smoking-Attributable Mortality, Morbidity, and Economic Costs (SAMMEC) (log-in required)
Related MMWR (Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report)
- State-Specific Trends in Lung Cancer Incidence and Smoking—United States, 1999–2008
September 16, 2011 / Vol. 60 / No. 36
- More MMWRs on Health Effects of Tobacco Use
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348