Tobacco use causes devastating disease and premature death in every population in the United States. Patterns of tobacco use, negative health effects, and the effectiveness of prevention and treatment need to be understood in terms of tobacco’s cultural and socioeconomic effects.
On this page, find information on the differences in the patterns, prevention, and treatment of tobacco use among specific populations.
Surgeon General's Reports
- National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
- National Youth Tobacco Surveys (NYTS)
- Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance System (YRBS)
Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco
The Pathways to Freedom booklet was produced in partnership with key segments of the African-American community, including churches, service organizations, and educational institutions.
- Page last reviewed: March 31, 2015
- Page last updated: March 31, 2015
- Content source: